Google Scholarship Program
Among other things, Google provides scholarships to encourage students of various backgrounds, genders and ethnicities to excel in their studies. In hopes that these programs will help dismantle barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields, Google offers the following scholarships:
- The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the legacy of Anita Borg and her efforts to encourage women to pursue careers in computer science and technology. The scholarship is offered in the United States, Europe and Australia.
- The UNCF/Google Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students attending UNCF member institutions and public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The program offers "last dollar" scholarships based upon unmet financial need for students majoring in computer science or computer engineering.
- Hispanic College Fund Scholarships are given to Hispanic students who demonstrate both academic and financial need. The Google Scholarship Program offers funds to students studying computer science or computer engineering.
- Students outside the U.S. could apply for the Google Global Community Scholarship for the Grace Hopper Conference.
- Students currently participating in a MESA community college or engineering program are eligible to apply for a travel stipend to attend the NSBE Convention.